19 February 2008

The Hiker





Last weekend I took the family for a short hike in the woods. I have to say I am proud of SJ! There was a tree that had recently blown over and made a great bridge across a creek, about 10 feet above the creek. She broke out her gymnastics skills and crossed over it! I didn't think she would do it, but she did! After that she was a log walking fool. Every log we walked past lying on the ground, she was walking down it!


The next task is to get her to rapel! I think she will do it. She is my adventurer of the bunch. The other two kids had a ball playing in the woods as well. Mely fell down a few times, but made it all better by tossing the culprit rock into a creek. Cool. Fletch gained a lot of confidence in her self by successfully crossing a creek on her own by jumping from rock to rock without getting wet! It was so cool. Mely was able to cross the creek, but he needed a bit of help. I thinkg the family is ready for a camping trip. Sweet!

No comments: