19 September 2007

Redemption

Yesterday I totally redeemed myself from the password journal by being the best Daddy ever. As the kids got home from drama practice and doing their usual 15 minute trip from the car to the house, Trish came in and gave me the heads up that SayJay was all upset because of the part assignments that were given out for the upcoming play. When Trish showed me the cast list, I stared at it in wonderment of how my daughter was selected to play 1) a dragon and 2) A knight! Never mind the question of how can you play a knight and a dragon? Would that mean that you would have to slay yourself? I digress. The real kick to the jimmies is that Fletch got assigned the part of the "Sweetest Princess". Ouch!!! Trish is begging me to figure out a way to soothe SayJay's feelings since she is so bummed about getting "boy" parts. I have no clue what to do and about 30 seconds to figure it out since Sir Dragon was on her way up the sidewalk. The only thing that popped into my head was that dragons could be female too and I would show her the movie Shrek to prove it. As she walked in the door, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I immediately made a really big deal of the fact that she was assigned TWO parts and that only the really super good actresses got assigned two parts! Her face beamed immediately and she was suddenly proud to be a dragon and a knight! DADDY ROCKS!!!!!!

Slay 'em up girl!!!!!!!!

RLTW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, JM! Give both of them a smooch from Zia, and reiterate the part about having two parts being an honor!

suckitup-buttercup said...

You do rock, sweetie - I love the way she looks at you like you're the center of her universe.