28 October 2007

Good Soldier, Bad Cop

Yesterday I took my family to my battalion's Trick or Treat/Halloween party. It was great fun! Trish and I decided to dress ourselves up to join in the fun with the kids. Trish made Melson a prisoner out fit and she and I wore a couple of my old Sheriff/Police uniforms. I trained Mely to tell everyone "I'm doin' life." It was really cute! Anyway, on the way to the party, S.J. says, "Daddy, you sure have a lot of badges! But you have A LOT of cool badges on your Army uniform! I guess it's a good thing that you are in the Army now because you must be a much better Soldier that you were a police!"

Yes, Dad sucks again. My life's failures pointed out by someone who was only 7 months old when I left policing. Nothing like a shot to the ego from your 7 year old.

1 comment: