14 October 2007

The Wild Kingdom

This past weekend my oldest daughter learned of a new breed of animal. But first, you must know the origin of this new species, which is now extinct, before it would make sense. Way back in the day I had a black lab named Trooper, who is now dead, and the Yorkie that I still have named Jasmine. Many moons (or mooms as some would call it) ago I gave Jazz the nickname "Shitbird", because she is. One day Trooper did something rather Shitbirdish, but I could not call him Shitbird because that was Jazzy's name, and he was just to big. So, I dubbed him, Shit Ox. Yes, Shit Ox. Trish laughed for an hour and the name stuck.

When we finally got our computer, I made the password "Trooper". Under the password hint my clue was simply, "Shit Ox". Friday afternoon Sarah-Joy was trying to get on to the computer and kept spelling Trooper wrong, so she clicked on the password hint. Yes, it still says "Shit Ox". Out of the blue she comes to me while I am watching TV and says "Daddy, I was trying to get on the computer".....I am totally oblivious to what is coming......"and I had to type on the password hint and it just says Shit Ox."

I fell out of my chair.

I was in total shock. My little princess just said Shit Ox like she has been using the term for years.

Then I found myself holding back the urge to laugh my ass off because it was the funniest thing ever!

Then I began to feel guilty for being the parent of the year. I walked upstairs to help her get on the computer, trying my damnedest to keep from explaining what a Shit Ox is, only to find that Trish was in the room when SJ discovered it and said the same thing to her. She saw my face and started laughing like crazy! She told SJ that she would have to come to me to get the explanation and to fix the computer. What a turd!

The password hint is still Shit Ox.

1 comment:

Killjoy said...

SJ really said the word? Funny! And I miss Trish's laugh, it makes me laugh.